Learning outcomes for this workshop are:
Make Ethical Decisions: By successfully completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (MED) training,
coaches will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety.
The training helps coaches identify the legal, ethical, and moral implications of difficult and potentially unsafe
situations that present themselves in the world of team and individual sport with an online evaluation to
• Analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications;
• Apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to situations in a way that is
consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics;
• Ensure the safety of all participants
Teaching & Learning: Upon completing the NCCP Teaching and Learning (TL) module, coaches will be
able to: Assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
• Analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
• Create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
– appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive, and motor dimensions oflearning;
– the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
– a sound organization; active supervision; and the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right
time, and with the right frequency.
• Use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this
data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
Analyze Technical Performance: This workshop is tailored for coaches of athletes who wish to equip
themselves with fundamental Karate coaching knowledge. The workshop focuses on planning, safety, basic
teaching and learning theory, as well as preparing coaches to analyse Karate skills and to apply in a practical
What to Bring: Comfortable workout attire, water, lunch, snacks, notebook, pen, and laptop.
You will receive your digital workbook 24 hours prior to the start of the course.
To Register contact: Timothy Suzuki at email@example.com
Costs: In person delivery: OKF Members $ 210.00 & non-OKF Members $ 420.00
Payment made to Ontario Karate Federation link: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Non Members* will achieve Trained status accreditation only. Certification will not apply as a nonmember
of the Ontario Karate Federation.
Limited to 16 participants. / Age 16 years plus.
Location: NOX Martial Arts Club, 5762 Highway #7, unit #17, Markham ON L3P 1A5
Host: Sensei Sean Wong, phone # 905 472 5425 / mobile # 416 219 1275